Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way (USA 2002)

Roddus Album Of The Day



I brought this after I saw them play a very good gig here not too long after this was released. Although I knew some of their music pretty well from exposure from various forms of media, I didn't own any of their music untill I brought this great pop album. Somewhat more mellow than their earlier music and a bit less funky but this is a mature effort from a band at the top of their game. A clutch of well crafted pop/rock songs with a fairly uniform quality throughout. Plenty of radio friendly numbers to sing along to and apart from some naughty lyrics and themes, not at all offensive to the ears. I must admit, though, that listening to this again after quite a long period, I feel like it has lost some of the impact it had when I first got to know this music, which indicated that it may not be aging too well. My rating 4/5

No comments: